Dr. Michelle Persyko
Registered Clinical Psychologist
I am a Clinical Psychologist with over 20 years of experience registered with the College of Psychologists of Ontario. My office is located at 1174 Eglinton Avenue West, a few blocks west of Bathurst Street.
I have a great deal of experience conducting psychotherapy with adults and adolescents in many different settings including private practice, community mental health clinic, university counselling centre, adolescent group homes, and hospital inpatient and outpatient units. I am committed to providing quality services to clients with a wide range of emotional issues including:
• Depression • Anxiety • Weight Related Issues •Self-esteem
• Stress • Motivation • Anger Management • Relationship Issues
• Life Transitions • Abuse • Health Related Issues • Divorce/Separation
• Habit Change • Phobias/Fears • Emotional Eating • Caregiver Issues
• Sleep Problems • Procrastination • Assertiveness Training •Bereavement
Through psychotherapy, clients can work towards reducing emotional distress and associated symptoms that interfere with daily life, improving the quality of relationships as well as one’s ability to cope with problems and stressors. Psychotherapy is also highly effective in assisting clients to establish and achieve personal and professional goals.
My primary mode of treatment is cognitive-behavioural therapy provided within a client-centred framework. I am trained in clinical hypnosis and integrate hypnotherapy and mindfulness training into an overall treatment approach when appropriate to a client’s needs.
I have been involved in research as well as clinical management of patients. I have co-authored a number of articles in various medical journals in the areas of dementia and caregiver issues, and worked for many years in the Neurology Clinic of the Toronto Western Hospital. I have authored a children’s book entitled Max’s Treasure.
Please do not hesitate to contact me at (416) 505-6835 (or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss how psychotherapy may be of benefit to you.
* A registered psychologist’s fees are often covered up to a certain amount by extended health benefits (through one’s work or the work benefits of a spouse or parent) or by private health insurance.
Toronto Therapist Directory
Copyright © 2007 Mike Mares. All rights reserved. The copyright of contributions belongs to the contributors, and all other material is the property of Mike Mares